Wednesday 27 May 2009

Almost there

Saturday will see me celebrate my first year as a cyclist, re-capping on my cycling life so far I entered my first Sportive ride which was the tour of Worcester a gruelling 100 miles and have entered 3 Audax's so far this year as you probably know I am going to Tour in August (Grand traverse of the Alps) and gone from a commuter cyclist into knowing something about bikes and a keen cyclist to recently joining a club run or 2 so far.

What are my achievements you might ask: I haven't achieved much as a cyclist yet, how many people can say they have cycled 1,500 miles in 6 months so far i have met that in just 4 months.

I want to enter some competitions and be part of a team wether i'm the dogs body or the best in the group i'm a "team player" and want to give something to the sport i love so much. This is why i choose to test run Solihull CC and i'm going to grow into it, i think i just wanted a different challenge and cycling certainly gives you it but i see so many different places unlike when i was playing football it was becoming routine now i have a certain routine but don't have to stick to it. If i want a day off i'll have it off but will catch up with the miles at a later date. I have so much joy and happiness from cycling it's like a new lease of life.
Anyway i'll carry on cycling and seeing sites and views that i would of never knew that was there.

No comments: