Monday 27 July 2009

Cav wins and Lance

Mark Cavendish won on the Champs-Elysees and by a mile, Mark Renshaw getting second his "lead out man" just says how much he won by. Meanwhile things are gathering speed for my own tour this Saturday me and Geoff plan to camp this Saturday at Ashbourne in Derby.

Lance Armstrong what a guy he got a podium finish on his comeback. For a person who came back 3 years off the bike, broke his collerbone and proved so many people wrong AGAIN just inspires you more and more. It is 29 days now until we go to Traverse the Alps and i'm having all kinds of thoughts about it. 1- I know i'm going to miss my kids and Jeni but i'll get through it, 2-The mountains that i know are going to challenge me but hey thats what i'm going for the challenge.

On the fund raising side i've raised about 700 quid for my charity County Air Ambulance. My mom and Geoff are asking family and friends also Jo Tharme who works with me is contacting the Birmingham Mail about my efforts and Ray Hall is asking his commity to put some money aswell. Wether it is 10p or 10 quid i'm greatful for what people donate especially in the current economic climate.

No comments: