Saturday 12 September 2009

Those memories

An E-mail has just arrived reminding me of my first real challenge as a cyclist. The Tour Of Worcester, this was a 93 mile course going through the Malvern hills, The Ankerdine and about 14 other climbs.
I will remember this day for the whole of my life it is where i "Bonked", I was drinking well on my bike but not eating as i felt bad. The climbs are still fresh in my mind and as many cyclists just starting or probably older will tell you "You'll always remember your bad memories more than the best" this is true, the week leading up to it i had a nightmare my gears were messed up and i was fiddling about with them and eventually Geoff fixed them. Then the ride was a nightmare it was nearly 8 hours in the saddle, my body was aching, my mind beaten and myself not on this planet. I got home slept and it took me some 4 days to get back to normal. I'd love to take it on again and think i would do it.

No comments: